Commissioned and Exclusive Works for SHRILL CATS Magazine
The SHRILL CATS aesthetic combines the look of film photography with the beautiful, surreal, and sometimes inexplicable. This aesthetic is especially evident on our instagram feed here: https://www.instagram.com/shrill.cats/
If you have a project or an idea for an upcoming shoot that fits our style, we would love to consider it for an exclusive feature for our online magazine. The best photos will also be showcased in our print magazine.
Spotlight Submissions to SHRILL CATS Magazine
As creatives ourselves, we are inspired by classic cinema, art, and music. SHRILL CATS was founded as a platform to feature the collective voice of today’s most inspirational artists.
SHRILL CATS was created on the belief that art and photography is about telling stories and conveying emotions. Here, we showcase work by talented creatives that may be overlooked amidst the modern day culture entrenched in instant gratification and meaningless images that flood the internet everyday. As such, we love to feature artists with a strong creative vision beyond the visual medium on which each photo presents itself.
*Spotlight Submissions are photos which have been previously featured outside of Shrill Cats.
- Individual photos in JPEG format with no watermarks (1600 pixels wide minimum)
- JPEG filename: photographer’s name-project name-photo number
- Ex: Jane Smith-Blue Lullaby-01
- Include the story behind the project, your inspiration as a photographer, etc.
- Link to your online portfolio
- Include full team credits
- Please send your project as individual JPEGs to: [email protected]
- Email title: “Submission – your name – project name – category “.
- Indicate submission category as Spotlight or Exclusive
By Submitting to Shrill Cats Magazine
- Image copyright remains with the photographer
- You warrant that the photos belong to you, and are your own work
- You have obtained all necessary model release forms
- You warrant that the photos do not infringe any laws or copyrights
- You authorize Shrill Cats Magazine to use the photos in our social media, website, and magazine